Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Before I forget

Quick story about Landon. About Easter time last year, Landon decided he wanted his shaggy hair to be cut like his daddy's. So Shawn buzzed it and Landon has kept it very short since then. The other day, Shawn was trimming Landon's hair. They called me into the bathroom to see the finished product. I made a big deal about it telling him he looked very handsome. His response was a little shocking. He stuck his lip out and about busted into tears. I asked him what was wrong and he said, "Daddy didn't cut it right, he forgot to cut this part." He said this while pointing above his forehead. He was talking about Shawn's receding hairline and about the fact that his hair didn't look EXACTLY like Shawn's!! We did our silent parent laughing (as to not embarrass him). Our kids love us, imperfections and all! The scary thing...they want to be just like us, imperfections and all-talk about pressure.


(I promise, pictures are coming...we did buy an adapter for my camera memory thing and will be able to download them when I get some time off:)

2 comments:

3wild1sMom said...

Pretty cute! At least we know Shawn does know how to make a receding hair line. I remember the time the guard slipped off and he cut his a little more receding. Memories are wonderful. They will be 20 like Zack before you know it. Love you :) Tracy

Anonymous said...

That is so funny. I can just see Landon saying that! I know Shawn really appreciated that! :)